View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Originally Posted by beenthere80 View Post
I am currently on suboxone for abusing oxycodone. I was addicted to these things for about 2 yrs using 20 pills a day of 30mg immediate release! Disgusting and hard to believe I know, but I am clean now for 80 days because of suboxone For the first week or so I would sweat BIG TIME I would have cold sweats because although you don't feel the strong withdraws when your on suboxone they are still happening but the suboxone is masking it... Irritability is still present for me, I always feel like something is missing and haven't yet returned to happy self...I still crave it all the time!!! I do think that's a really low dose for someone coming off heroin and opiates. I started at 24mg a day and still take this 2 1/2 months later... SO I would find a doctor who could prescribed the appropriate dose.. Good Luck to you!!! Be supportive it's extremely hard to be alone in such a rough time.

Yours is the first post of read of someone on subs with a habit as big as mine. I started subs last week and was surprised and confused by feeling like I was and wasn't in withdrawals at the same time. How long did that last for you?

And how have the mental/emotional withdrawals been? I'm finding I don't physically crave opiates while on subs but mentally and emotionally it's a nightmare! Have you found anything that works for this part?