View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jeanie84

Thank you Marcus! That was very helpful. He is still a bit in denial. He is angry and yes, he has no bottom. He is the type of guy that I think would be perfectly content living in a tent somewhere in the middle of the woods with no contact. I know that he is not quite ready yet. I am hoping that these subs might open his eyes a bit more. Ease him into seeing what his usage has caused and eventually be at the point where he is ready for substantial help in getting clean. I think he really needs a lengthy rehab with therapy and the whole nine. I am not ready to give him the ultimatum yet as we've just had a baby two months ago and I am afraid that he will say no and I will lose him. I know that it sounds silly. But I am hopeful that someday he will see the light. Until then I am trying hard to concentrate on myself and my children. Of course that is much easier said than done when in the throes of living with an active addict. It has helped muchly just by coming on this site the last few days. I approach him and the whole situation on a more fact based manner as opposed to emotional. I do think he is on the subs but it just has gotten to the point where I question everything and trust very little.