Old 10-29-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hollyanne

I got in a relationship against the advice of many after 6 months.
It failed spectacularly and I was a mess afterward.
I don't like the word "fired".
She didn't fire you. She sounds like she is very fond of you but could not be a spectator as you took a huge risk with your sobriety. Like watching a car-crash and being helpless.
As someone mentioned, she is also an alcoholic and probably knows it would be too much for her to continue as your sponsor.
All I can say is this, you are 5 months sober now and this spat with your sponsor is making you shaky, if you fall madly, deeply in love and it all goes south, can you say you won't be vulnerable to drinking?

Be patient. You can just be kind of excited that someone likes you now. You can have that warm feeling of being "liked". Just don't go for it today. Give yourself a chance. Work on yourself. Get strong. There will be cuties out there and maybe the cutie you are interested in too.

If your "intended" is in the program for a longer period, he should be keeping his distance. He should have the sense to know that 5 months sober is too early for a relationship and if he is absolutely mad about you, can show it by letting you alone right now.