Thread: Getting canned
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Hey all, thanks for all the posts. I've been obsessively looking for work.

They don't really have any grounds, "it just isn't working out". Basically, one of the lawyers is pushing me out - she doesn't like me and I don't like her. It's complicated but that's really what sums it up.

I've got another 25 years for retirement, so that's out of the question!

Not union, no rep.

I am thinking like a lot of people have written here, this is happening for a reason. It's true, I did hate my job. But I probably would have just sat there forever, miserable, had this push not come thru.

It's def not a rumor, it's going to happen. But I do not know when. And yeah, I am super lucky to have been given the warning. I might be able to circumvent the probation, and I do feel like if I just say, look, I'm going to leave, just need time to find work - they will give me that at least.

Funny, I spent years and years wasted, never lost a job. Now that I'm sober, I'm getting fired! WTH!?!?

So I'm working like mad to find work. I really want to get into government, but that might take forever, so for now I'm looking for whatever can pay the bills, then will worry about the rest later.

The amazing thing out of this is my husband. I really feel him here for me. Before, I would have completely smothered this all out with getting drunk. Now, I'm really AWARE of my husband and can really feel his love and support for me. It's just amazing. I'm so lucky. He keeps telling me, don't worry honey, we will get thru this.

Talk about a 1, 2 punch. First his surgery, now this. But he's right, we'll get thru it. It's just tough now. Wish me luck, I'm in the office tomorrow and I know it's going to be hard. I'll keep you all up to date. Thanks so much for the love and thoughts.