View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
markk214

Originally Posted by saaben900 View Post
Hi All...SO glad I found this site, and this is my first post. I will give a quick overview of where I'm at.

I'm a successful 41 year old, business owner, endurance athlete, great family and I had 20+ years of being clean. I got clean when I was 15 from a very bad drug habit.
Over the past 4 years I started using vic's and perc's recreationally. On the weekend and kept it very limited.
Well as we all know, weekend use turns into once during the week, to multiple times during the week, then I'm stringing days together...you get the picture. It may have taken a few years to get there, but it got there.

As an addict, I developed a sick sense of thinking when i would be out running or biking. I would wish to get injured so I could get pills. I wouldn't intentionally injure myself, but I welcomed it if it happened.

Well that day came, many time...I had my various trips to walk in's and all that. But then the big day came. I had been taking perc's every other day for a couple weeks and I was out on a 100 mile bike ride.
I hit a hole going 25 mph and crashed. Blew apart my shoulder...my dream come true....NOT
Well, just over 3 months of surgery/recovery and solid oxy use, here I am. I was perscribed oxy throughout this period of time...this was my first legit access to oxy.
I would say over 3+ months, I averaged 30-60 mg a day. I know it's not a lot, but it was enough for me to embrace being an addict again and see it overtaking my life.

My doc said NO MORE and he wrote me a 100 refill and thats it. I took 15 of them and flushed them. That was Wednesday.
Thursday was my first day cold turkey...and today is the beginning of day 4.

this.....is.....a.....nightmare!!!!
chills rule my life, my legs hurt so F'n bad, RLS is tearing me apart and the fatigue!!! Holy crap the fatigue.
The one good thing is my head is clear for the first time.

I feel like this is never going to end, and I fear I will never get my motivation back to run and bike the way I use to.
I didnt use for that long I didnt think...is 3 months of steady use enough to be this sick?

I'm doing plenty of water, supplementing vitamins, making super clean and nutrient dense smoothies...but please!!! when does it end????
This WD has left a mark on me that I dont want to forget.
Hats off to you for having the courage to flush those f'ing pills. They are evil. I have 15mg left. I am at 36 hours but still have hydrocodone I am leaning on.

I have never taken anything in my life. In fact I was a pill o phobe. However one thing led to another and for two years I was taking 10mg of hydro a day. Sometimes I would take a second norco at night. 10% of the time it was for back pain. 90% buzz. Anyway. I went nuts over the past four months. 60-70mg of hydro a day. Last 6 weeks. I tossed on 30-60mg of oxy a day....... What a moron I am. This stuff is like a vice grip.

4 days closer to being out of prison for you. Keep it up.