View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aquasport13

I would encourage him to see a Dr who works with subs. Once a day seems odd for someone who used daily. I was on 8mg a day to start, but took 3 portions a day. He may be getting too much at once, not enough for his WD's or too much. It definately isn't something to be messed with and is tough to get off as well. I am no Dr but someone needs to monitor his condition and you shouldn't be his babysitter- supportive yes, but I would highly recommend that he gets into a Dr who works with subs as well as counseling- but only if he wants clean, not just because you want him clean. Success only comes when "we" do it for ourselves, one great bi-product is those we love benefit as well. Wish you the best, check out the other posts on here for for spouses of users and Al-anon type groups. Hope he can beat it, but keeping up with his "dealer" is looking for more trouble- they aren't his friends and don't give 2 poops about him- and certainly aren't smart enough to make health decisions! You came to a good place, maybe he can come here too eventually. Great support and non-judgemental!