Thread: Problems
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
YoungAndClean
Saved By Grace

I was pretty much forced into quiting myself. I had to choose my life (family, comfort, food, etc.) vs drugs (being broke, stealing, homeless,) and honestly if you keep drinking you might hit a bottom so to speak where you look around in astonishment of the wreckage of your life and you wonder why, than you thing oh damn...it was because I got high. drank. whatever. For some people we cannot manage our lives and use mind altering substances too, we become addicted to them and they become way way waaayy to important in our lives.

I use to self-medicate my add with pot, and my depression with alcohol. Yes, you heard right.. I used a depressant to cure my depression when I felt depressed. In the end it all came crashing down kind of like Natom and now my recovery is about staying sober 1 day at a time and rebuilding my life from the ground up. For me, getting 30+ days of sobriety motivated me to stay sober and never go back to Day 1. Also, I felt so much better at Day 30 why would I want to go back? If you decide to try for sobriety again, commit to 30 days and then decide if you want to drink, I doubt you will. Dude we are sober because sobriety is so much better than our lives were being addicted!! So ask yourself, are you addicted to alcohol? And then take it from there.