Thread: Problems
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Natom
Not Alone

My motivation:

I was pretty much forced into quitting using drugs in November 2010. For the next 6 months I attended NA, I picked up a girlfriend along the way. In June or July 2011 I relapsed, it was for a night, and I felt crap afterwards, back to NA I went. 6 months later I relapsed again, this time over 4/5 days. So after this off I went back to NA. So I was in NA clean for about 5/6 months and I decided to try gambling. 2 months later I was £10000/$16000 in debt, and I started using drugs again, surprise, surprise. Within about two weeks of me picking up drugs again I was made homeless and bankrupt, my fiance left me, my family gave me a week to get out and that was it. That was my rock bottom. This time I wanted to change for me. And I did, and I am. Checked myself into a rehab, the only motivation being that I am bloody fed up of having drugs and alcohol continue to screw up my life. That's all it took in the beginning. I still stay clean for me, but as part of making amends to my family I stay clean for them too. But most of all I stay clean because I know damn well if I go back out there I am either going to die or end up in prison on a long stretch. And that's all the motivation I need most days.