Thread: Sobriety
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miner

Sobriety

This is my first post. I recently found this site and thought I would join. Let's face it, I have a problem with alcohol. I drank regularly from 1993 to 2005. I don't remember a day during that time that I wasn't drunk or passing out. In 2005 I decided to quit. I did it on my own, only drinking during special occasions; and when I drank I mean I got drunk and passed out. Well, this year I started up again. The last two weeks straight I've been drinking 12+ beers a night. My wife of almost 20 years brought up the fact that I'm drinking more frequently, but she has no idea. I hide, lie, and cover up my drinking. I want to stop not only for myself, but for my family as well. One of the main reasons I quit in 2005 was that we started having kids and I didn't want them to see Daddy drunk all the time. I run a rather successful business and don't want to lose what we started. During my heavy drinking in 2001 and 2003 I lost my employment due to attendance. I keep telling myself "I'm not going to drink today", but find myself buying beer on the way home.

That's my story... I'm here to quit once again.