Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EvoEight

Everyone is different when it comes to withdrawals, breaking it down depends on how much of the said opiate you have taken, after 5-7 days of being 100% opiate free you should start seeing the light at the end of the dark tunnel, im not going to lie to you but it takes (for some inc myself) about 20-25 days to start feeling normal again, you can speed up the detox doing exercise even though your energy level is very low and you don't want to do anything physical.

The depression is a very difficult stage in withdrawal and will have you looking back on life and what it could have been without opiates, to me it was a major eye opener and motivated me to STAY CLEAN, everything changed for me, life started over, my mind was clear, my motivation went threw the roof and on a personal note my sex drive was A-mazing, i started Hiking again and rockclimbing, it's what i loved to do before the devilpill took over my life, i quit cold turkey a few years ago, it was very painful but it taught me a lesson, i never want to go threw that again, ever, it scared me pretty bad but i would not of changed the experience for nothing as it has prevented me from a relapse, i just think about what i went threw and the cravings are gone instantly.

A few tips, listen to music that will calm your soul during W/D, take a hot bath if/when it gets intense will help you rest, find movies that you love, drink lots of ice water and try to eat, yogurt was yummy i started to get minor headaches after the 5th day and took a few IBP to ease the pain and it helped, after 7-8 days you will feel allot better but you will start to wonder if you will ever feel normal again, doubts will take over and you need to be strong, it only last a few days, sleep comes back after about 6 days, i got about 4 hours then 5 then 6, gets better and better, some nights where pretty restless but eventually passed out, after taking a hot bath.

Look at yourself, be brave and commit, show yourself that it can be done, that it will be done, an amazing outlook on life awaits, and it feels better then any high that science and nature can provide, sobriety and accomplishment! Keep us posted, and feel free to PM me if any questions, i would be honored to help you every step of the way....Stevo