Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
noquickfix41

By golly gee...i do believe that sr is for me!!

Good morning all...I am new to SR. I have been reading countless posts around the site forthe past several weeks and have concluded that this place is awesome. Doesn't get any better than a ONE STOP SHOP..JAMM PACKED FULL OF HELP..HOPE...AND HEALING!! THIS IS AN ALCOHOLICS PARADISE!. Anyway..I have been drinking since 17 and 24 years later..here I am. (Please don't do the math..lol). Though new to SR..I am in no way new to the "GRAND QUEST FOR PERMANENT SOBRIETY". I have been through rehab several times..dabbled into AA many times..tried to DENY the issues A ZILLION TIMES and so on and so on!..I have LOST everything that could possibly be LOST..half ass gained it back..AND LOST ALL AGAIN. I have remained abstinent for periods of time throughout my "CAREER" and have always fallen back into the TRAP. My last 8 month period of abstinence ended abruptly on NEW YEARS EVE..of 2004. I was proud of myself for doing so well..the remembrance of all of the PAIN AND SUFFERING had left me..and the addict..WHO WAITS EVER SO PATIENTLY..played the "OH CMON..YOU CAN HAVE JUST ONE DRINK..AFTER ALL..IT IS NEW YEARS EVE." In conclusion ...that ONE DRINK..sent me on an 8 year descent into the worst DESPAIR I have ever known. On October 17 2012..my HP grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I have been given another chance..possibly the last.

I look forward to meeting everyone and continue sharing. Thank-you for being here for me.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-23-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added last line