View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
womaninprogress

This post makes me think....I've been thinking about this subject alot lately. I know in working on myself and codie issues I have repeatedly apologized for specific codie actions, also point out current codie behaviors and adjust myself and I am mindful and try very hard to live my amends. That's with my current RABF.

I have been pondering the amends I've witnessed or received from the A's in my life. My BF kind of offers a blanket apology but never discusses specifics kind of still "sweeps it under the rug". But he is sober and working on being a better BF. My mother also kind of did a blanket apology and had a more or less "sweep it under the rug and soldier on" kind of attitude. And frankly this way of "dealing with it" reminds me very much of exactly what we did when they were drinking. Honestly I feel slighted. And I don't know if that's ok? I'm confused as to the "healthy" aproach to this subject. Should it be enough a blanket apology and a sober life of amends? or should they be told and forced to aknowledge the damage they've done?