View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
I want to go, I wish for some reason there was one before or right after work. I want to go and need to. I just want to go and listen not sure how comfortable I will be with talking the first time. I just feel scared if someone seems me going into the meeting. I also am nut sure what to do, do I just walk in and sit down?
Sure, you just walk in and sitdown. Most meetings have a greeter, and they just welcome you is all. Feel free to get a coffee, if you like, before the meeting starts, its a bit impolite to get a coffee while a speaker is talking. Although some people talk while speakers are sharing, its again impolite to not listen and talk with others.

Besides that, you can just relax as much as possible, and the meeting, if its a speaker meeting, will look after itself. A discussion meeting is more about sitting in groups of members, and taking turns sharing, or again just listening to others share. A speaker meeting usually has one main speaker, and most others just listen. An open speaker meeting are the easiest to attend for newbies.

As for people seeing you going in, just forget about it. As you move along
in your sobriety, you'll be so satisfied with your progress, you'll not care one way or the other with who sees whatever.

In any case, you can attend meeting after meeting, and no requirement is upon you to share, so just relax. People are friendly, and they will sometimes introduce themselves, but no worries, they are just being friendly and helpful.

I wish you good luck WWG!