View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Purplecatlover

Renaldo, I have asked myself the same thing. I am over 9 months sober, no desire or thought anymore, why should I stay here?

Lots of reasons....SR saved my life. The least I can do is share my experience.
When you finally break free from the chains that have bound you for so long, when you finally heal emotionally, physically &, spiritually, when you begin to live life, love life & become human again..... You can't keep that to yourself. You want others to see into your mind, to see how you accomplished it. Because we've all been locked in that prison, pacing, doing the same thing again & again, thinking you'll never get out.

Also,The people here are like family, I care about them. I like to see how they are doing.

I may not have desire now but addiction is ruthless & I know I can't become complacent.
Alcohol may not consume my every moment now but I still have much to learn. You can never know too much about what can destroy you quickly.

NBC, sorry to thread jack!
You know I'm so looking forward to our 1yr. But do you think you'll lose your zeal once its come & gone? Do you then look forward to 18 months, 2yrs,etc?
I have always had mixed feelings about counting b/c milestones cause others to stumble.
You have to keep raising the bar.
To me it is easier to say I will never drink again.
But that's me. I do like a pat on the back, like most people though

With that, I say