Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ricmcc

It is quite possible that what I am posting here will be of no aid to you, simply because I have been dealing with mood disorders for at least as long as I have been aware that I am an alcoholic. The fact that I am in recovery from both does not alter the fact that my knowledge of mood disorders almost certainly causes my perception of things to be altered by looking through that particular lens. I know for example, that one of the classic signs of depression is a sudden loss of interest in activities once found enjoyable. And I believe that if you entered into recovery from addiction expecting that that alone would cure all that ails you, that alone might be dissappointing, for, as you very likely know, recovery is a tool which greatly enhances one's ability to deal with life's troubles; it no more heals them on its own than remission from cancer puts money into your banking account. So if a years sobriety, a very commendable thing I should add, is somehow less than you expected perhaps you should check out whether your expectations were realistic. If they were not, depression might be an expected result, but it is a matter to be looked into with a doctor, not me. Best of luck to you, and please remember that this post is coloured by my own POV--I see some very good suggestions on this thread that you might more profitably check out---best of luck to you, and please remember that in no way will picking up again benefit you-----Rick

Last edited by ricmcc; 10-21-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typo