Old 10-20-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Daisypetal

Almost One Year....bored and feeling less than confident

Hello. I've just joined here, though on the 26th of this month I'll be one year sober. This is my longest period of sobriety. (A few years ago I made it to six months, but otherwise it's been a month or two here and there). I don't know if it's jitters about getting close to the "big day"....but for the past month or so I've been thinking a lot about drinking and had a few close calls. I've been attending meetings more, and feel fine while there, but there's a whole lot of hours in between! (a reason I thought coming here might be helpful). What's disappointing and frustrating is that prior to this last month, I felt pretty good. I was staying busy, not having too many thoughts at all about drinking, but now I feel like I've worn out all those activities I was enjoying and I'm insanely bored. I'd do one thing, get bored with it, find something else, etc. Now, everything feels so boring. I do know getting too bored is not good for me, but I don't seem to be able to find anything motivating/interesting lately. If anyone has any advice/suggestions I'd be grateful to hear them! Thanks!