View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Veritas1

I think the concession that I am an alcoholic. If I can come here, or call someone and concede that I am alcoholic, it helps keep a real step one.

Pen to paper is good for me to write out what really happened, or my own very experience, if I am able to face and realize it....helps me see my truth.

Reading the Doctor's Opinion, and seeing where my drinking lines up, reading pages 86-88, and listening to AA speakers helps me to keep the reality of my drinking present. I cannot tell how you much investing 75.00 in a sony walkman mp3 player and downloading AA speakers to listen to has been.

I can listen and work, cook, clean, rest, meditate, take a break, all while listening to AA speakers who tell the truth about drinking. I can listen and never delude myself, if I keep myself immersed in the truth. I think that is why meetings are helpful. Always be on your way to a meeting...a friend told me...like tapping into the power...of the group, and the ultimate power that resides in the group.

Calling my sponsor, or another friend and member of AA or coming here, helps me. I keep a large print AA big book on the table next to my bed. I have a notebook and have written out pages 86-88 with it.

I can tell you however, that I have done alot of writing, learning, reading, listening, but sometimes...the work I had done was nowhere in my mind when I took that first drink.

That is my human power trying to save me.

The only one that can really save me is God.

I have to remember to pray, and seek God so He can remove my problem. I forget though. I still try to manage and take credit for my sobriety.

I have created and established a new routine that keeps me in the AA program. It keeps alcoholism very real to me.