View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
renaldo

It's hard to believe I posted this--my first message on the forum--only 6 days ago. I'm so glad I found this forum. It's the best I've seen. Everyone has been has been so nice, helpful, and unjudgemental. I've posted comments where I could when I thought they would be helpful to others.

I have had an appointment with a doctor at a low cost clinic. Based on my description, she said I had a grand mal seizure. I have a number of appointments to set, including multiple appointments for scans, detox, possibly rehab. All this stuff hinges on reassessing what kind of financial assistance I can get, so none of it is happening quickly.

Even when I had health insurance, they rarely could see you the next day for scans or anything, for that matter.

The seizures could be due to something else - so says one doctor. But if they are - such as a brain tumor - that would probably give me an excuse to increase drinking. I'm really concerned about stopping drinking. I've been doing it for 35 years. How quickly I forget that I eventually do adjust to not drinking. I've done it before, I can do it again. It's just the word "forever" that scares me.

I know, I know, "just for today."