Old 10-18-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We have arrived at the understanding that we needed our experiences - even our mistakes - to get to where we are today. Do we know that we needed our life to unfold exactly as it did to find ourselves, our Higher Power, and this new way of life? Or is part of us still calling our past a mistake?
I have said before that I wouldn't wish my life on my worst enemy...but I would not trade one day of it with anyone, because if I had not lived through the lessons and heartache of the past, I would not be in the beautiful place I am in my life today. The mistakes of my past are the lessons that keep me on a good path today.

There is a quote from the Shawshank Redemption that says "Get busy living or get busy dying" . Once I went through the transformation from victim to survivor, once I let go of the problem of my son's addiction and began living in the solution of my own recovery...my life changed and I got busy living because life is too precious to waste one single day.

My son is still lost somewhere in his addiction, I cannot change that. But I say a prayer each morning giving my son's care to God...and then I get busy living life as it was meant to be lived, finding the joy and beauty in every single day.

Hugs