View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
taramaree

Day 1 starts today!!! :)

Hello! I hope I'm posting this correctly. Please forgive mistakes while I figure the site out. Here goes... I'm Tara, I just turned 26, and have been drinking alcohol for 2 years. After hitting rock bottom a week ago, I decided to stop. I have been drinking anywhere from a 1/2 pint- 1 pint vodka daily for 2 years. The most I've gone without it is 2 days. Withdraw for me (atleast the two days) consists of shaky hands, rapid heartbeat, nightmares, insomnia, all pretty normal from what I've seen. I go to a family Dr at 9 am this morning to try to get a 5 day detox( I don't have a regular dr, so I just made a random appt somewhere). If he declines, I'm going at this cold turkey, and scared ******** of everything I've read on the net regarding DT'S and hallucinations. I'm not a religious person, but lately I've been praying and praying to get through this. I know that my husband and 2 lovely daughters deserve more than a passed out drunk, who has put on 50 pounds in 2 years. I want to be healthy and alcohol free, and it starts today!!! Please wish me luck.