Thread: Triggers??
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by bbthumper View Post
One of the gifts I get in sobriety is I can be present to live life. Both through the good and the bad.
I was kind of thinking this over last weekend. My wife brought home a beautiful collie puppie. She has wanted one for years and now that our kids are growing up and out... well, you know, empty nest, all that... she took the leap.

She is so beautiful, there is nothing like a brand new fluffy puppy to bring out this alpha male's inner goddess, LOLOLOL... We were walking around the back yard, the puppy with a mix of fear, new place, people, all that, and enthusiasm.. So many feelings get all wrapped up, fears, questions... well she be happy here? can we give her what she needs? will she chew up the couch???...

There was a time I knew just how to deal with what I was feeling, and that was to just turn all that off... The good, bad, the fears and, well, the welling joy...

Triggers? I guess...

But now I can embrace it all and live it all for today... She is getting perkier every day, we romped around this morning... she's well, I am too.

God is pretty cool.