Old 10-17-2012, 03:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RachelNorth

thank you to everyone. I have just re read the posts and I did need people to tell me it was a daft idea. I have not found the courage to tell him yet but already feel so much better because the decision is made. I am now looking for a weeks holiday somewhere warm on my own. It will be an entirely differnt holiday and one that I want.

Drinking has gone back to being ignored now, It was on my mind so much as the holiday loomed. I can again relax and enjoy my soberity, as advised! thank you.

Raining and horrible here now but just gonna take the dog out on a long walk. That is such a pleasure in life. I love her, she is my new relationship. My dog passed away 18 months ago and I was a year without. I got Tess this spring when she was 6 weeks old. She was born on March 30th and my last drink was April 1st (all fools day of course). It was the best move I have made in a long time. Then I went and arranged a holiday with a drinking ex!!!!

Deep down I always know what is the right and best thing to do. So why do I still get it wrong. I'm too old and ugly to keep making the same mistakes again. The drinking was without a doubt the biggest and I am not ever going back to it.

Thanks so much for listening. Puppy is asleep now but as soon I move from the laptop she'll be wide awake and ready to go.