Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OhBoy

Looking back I can see that "the talk" we had after a few months of dating wasn't going to do anything. She got blackout drunk & passed out. I think we were about 19 or 20. Just being a stupid kid, can't handle her liquor.

Not long after that, we were at a professional hockey game. When we went to leave, with me holding her up by her belt loops (I got pretty damn good at the belt loop drunk walk!) she threw up as 20,000 people were walking by us. I did finally manage to get her to a garbage can but there was a trail in the hallway, people walking in it, lifting up their shoes & looking in utter disgust.

Then came sprains, broken bones & finally a 2AM call from the hospital. A car crash followed by a month in the hospital, colostomy bag & follow up surgeries. Looking back I can see why I missed all those "subtle" hints along the way.

Sometimes even now, after even more horrible things have happened, I get a fleeting thought that maybe she's not really an alcoholic! I snap out of that pretty quick though. I was as sick as her. Wonder if she had flags about me? They probably would have been welcomed, at least from an alcoholic view.