View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Sorry for the double post, but I am about to blow a gasket Sm just got home from her followup visit with the GI dr (stomach/intestines). She has SWORN she has Crohn's disease, her dr. in SC said she had it, her SISTERS have it and whatever they have, she has. I told her it could not be diagnosed without a colonoscopy. A nurse in the hospital told her and dad the same thing.

She does NOT have it (oh, poor baby, no pain meds). She has diverticulitis and diverticulosis. Short story, nuts, anything with seeds (even tomatoes) are a no-no. I tell her this, she snaps back "he said I could eat them every now and then". I tell her that 7 wrappers from payday candy bars (peanuts) is NOT every now and then.

They want her to have another "scan" but she has no idea of what KIND of scan. I try to tell her what she needs to get her driver's license renewed, she's not comprehending. I sent the link to dad in an e-mail.

I am DONE. She is going to do what she is going to do, eat whatever she wants, get pain and/or "nerve" medicine anywhere she can. Dad will b*tch about it, but pay for the prescriptions.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. She doesn't want ME going with her to dr. appointments because I tell her "secrets". As for now, I will NOT take her to the ER (unless she is at risk of dying), I will NOT tell her what the diet she needs to follow. I'm giving up, surrendering, whatever. I have enough going on in MY life, I don't need to try to control hers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy