View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
uniquesituation

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I know quite a few hugely wealthy people, some of them are in a kind of limbo. I know when i retired for the first time at 28 i was busy doing nothing all day long and quite often drunk by midday .

What is it that annoys you when you look around at the world ? poverty ? ignorance ? could you coach others with their business ? Why not raise $1m for charity ? why not form a band and play music ?

Money can be quite isolating , as can alcohol . It's real easy to drift off into an insulated bubble, which in my opinion isn't healthy. I needed ways to get grounded and get "harsh" reality into my life.

Bestwishes, M
I retired for teh first time much later than you, I was 32. Congrats. At 28 I was beyond broke.

I don't know if I'm annoyed by the world when I look at it? I hate that so many people feel entitled to a free ride, perhaps? It bothers me to no end that I spend literally 10 years of 100+ hour works weeks (8 of which I was also raising a son, I'd just work all day, and care for him til he went to sleep, then work on the computer from my crappy apartment til 3am) and so many people have MORE than I had for 80% of my life for basically nothing. I hate that ultimately that free ride will hurt them more than it helps them? But I'd guess its impractical to start a "hey i'm a rich guy, quit being a quitter" charity?

From the alcohol perspective, ... Its honestly a lack of any idea of what to do with my time that leads me to drink, most times. And I have, and have always, from my first time, loved the sensation of booze in the blood. Someone let me know if saying that is not allowed.