Thread: This is hard
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
itsmylifenow
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Soexhausted, you're post hit it right on the money!

I went through major withdrawal from xabf a few weeks ago. It's been 7 weeks now and the waves of desire to call him have subsided considerably to almost non-existent. But, I was fortunate to have read so many others experience and advice about NC and the withdrawal from my addiction to him. My favorite analogy was the feelings of withdrawal were just like waves. You just had to sit and let them wash over you and wait for them to pass. I found that to be really helpful.

Then every time I wanted some kind of contact with him I reminded myself he was a lying, cheating, ******* who sucked everything out of my life. After that I thought of every time I'd been free of him and what happened when he came back. How even just seeing him triggered something and made him start contacting me again. And, how he weaseled his way back into my life over and over and what it took every time to escape.

Once I got that all down the withdrawal became easier until it doesn't exist. And, every once in awhile when the urge hits for whatever reason I can get rid of the feeling pretty quick.