Thread: Lost Sleep
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

Lost Sleep

So, the Wife decides late last week she's moving back to our bed. Supposedly I was supposed to feel grateful and honored that she feels that I've been 'behaving' better that she will grace me with her presence. I said, "Do what you want to do. You moved out, so you can move back whenever you want."

When she was in the other room, if she passed out on the couch, I never really knew. Well, I did, but it didn't bother me. So, Friday night I wake up at 12:30 a.m. and she's not in bed, so I get mad and am awake for the next hour. I awake again at 2:35 a.m. and she's STILL not in bed. I get really ticked and just can't understand why she just can't have a couple of 'normal' drinks and go to bed. She strolls in at 3:30! I am so wound up at this point, I can't get back to sleep until almost 5:00 a.m. So, my whole night is blown pretty much. Yes, I know it's my fault because I let it get to me.

If she has just one, or has a couple of beers, she's fine. She just doesn't 'get it' that if she passes out (or she says, "Oh I guess I feel asleep"), it means she drank TOO MUCH!!! Denial and more denial.

I know, I know - the "3 C's" should be at the forefront of my thoughts, but it just gets to me sometimes.

Tiring this is, literally.

Thanks for reading.