View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bgh2002

Thanks Blondie and Ford! Those reminders were definetely there for me, If your strong enough in your resolve to be able to go out to places like that and stay sober its sure to hit you hard the reasons why you need to stay away from that poison.

Yeah, for sure Ford, seeing all that sober was really interesting. Annoying a little but none the less a great learning experience for me. While I was doing inpatient rehab one of the counselors brought in a VHS, yeah old, of a man I believe name Delbert Boone. He hit on some great points about us addicts thinking we are invisible, but everyone else can see how ridiculous we are. The experience brought those words to life for me.

A few of the people who went out or showed up need to quit, but its not for me to pressure anyone into that. Just offer help if asked. One of my friends (this words meaning has changed drastically for me during sobriety) was involved a bit in trying to recover, but from what I seen gave up I suppose. I could just see in him what people must have been seeing when they looked at me. A sort of hopelessness, lost, mixed in with displaced anger. Sad, really sad what alcohol takes and promises us.