Thread: Hi, I'm new!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by johnthediver View Post
Thanks everyone.

Don't think i'm anywhere a face to face program, I live on a small island in Thailand unfortunately.
I don't really have any type of plan either, i was just going to try to get through this myself (and now with you guys!) by going cold turkey. Obviously I need to change some of my habits such as going for an after work beer and things, I've been keeping out the way of any social events as i don't think i can really be strong enough to sit around whilst everyone drinks. I was with one of my friends who was drinking yesterday and i kept looking at his beer thinking- that looks nice. Its the cravings that are getting bad, i'm determined to get through this though so am not going to cave in. Any ideas on how long these cravings last for, that's what i'm struggling with most, i'm sure its different for everyone but a general figure would be great so i can try to work towards something.
I tried several times to do it myself (unsuccessfully). This time I am working with my doctor, a counselor and going to meetings. Talk to your doctor about the cravings, they might be able to help. This is only day two for me, so you should feel great about day 5. I am just determined not to have to post Day one (again). Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you are doing on SR!!!