Thread: Enabling!!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kbw2520000

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
You are correct, we cannot control the actions of others.........

And I think it's great that you are taking time for yourself, you sound like you both feet planted on the ground.

The longer we are in a relationship, the more we learn about the other person,( that is why we have the dating time) you now know she has been coddled her whole life, she does not possess alot of ambition, and does not seem to be very responsible........ So the next question would be are these worthy qualities you look for in a partner???

May I ask, just how long has she been in recovery?

This is all you, YOU get to CHOOSE.
Best of Luck!
She has been in recovery for almost 10 months. She has been free of drinking for about 2 years, however, She then passed her addiction onto pot and used that as her addiction of choice. She has definitely come a long way since I have met her and continues to show signs of progression, and that is why it bothers me that there are people in her life that enable her. ( to me its like a giant roadblock) She is 29years old, not just a kid anymore.
I truly want the best for her and this is why I feel this time we are spending apart is really important, I have to continue to work on myself, and she needs to be ok with being by herself and working on herself as well. More than anything that I need at this point is the respect from her, and just from what I know about Ah is that they have a really hard time respecting themselves let alone others in there life.