View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ChaongeL

I'm glad to see my log is helping someone. I plan on refining it once I reach that 100% mark .

Don't let my bad posts scare you, I was on subs for 5 years and jumped off at 6 mg I'm sure that's a factor. If you read the parts where I talked about the appropriate duration to use Subs then I may be repeating myself here but just in case I'll say this; Take my advice or leave it but at least consider weaning yourself off the subs as soon as you feel mentally ready.

There is a difference between dependency and addiction and nobody really knows which they are fully until being on something OTHER than your drug of choice for a while. If you find yourself hopeful and ready to put them behind you, then in my most sincere opinion, get off the subs before your brain adjusts to something new.

I had friends and co-workers that were doing oxy 80's in large amounts daily. That is a tough drug to kick so don't beat yourself if you HAVE to stay on subs for a while. But when YOU are ready, and not your doc, do yourself a favor and start the wean. You, of course, don't want to relapse so it's better to be on subs for a year than to go back and forth. I'm basing this on my experience and the suboxone experience of friends who were taking handfuls of 80's a week.

Good luck with your recovery. I really hope your experience is as painless as possible.