Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Originally Posted by dragonfire613 View Post
For me the transition from oxy to suboxone seemed like a godsend... the highs and lows were replaced with a stable "fix" that lasted all the time. I loved it, a little too much. But it gave me time to distance myself from the drug scene and eventually really start working on my recovery. I'm sure everyone's experience may vary, but for me it was an easy and smooth transition. Just be aware that you still have to kick the suboxone at some point, there is no avoiding that unless you want maintenance all your days. But for me, it was a useful tool to get my crap together so that I was successful when I did finally kick for good (albeit it did take me 3 or 4 tries before I was successful). Hope that helps, best wishes!
That definitely helps, dragonfire. That's sort of what I'm hoping for, too. I've been on daily opiates so long, I just feel that maybe subs will give my brain a chance to start making its own endorphins again as the dose goes slowly down. And give me time to change my thinking too. Since I have NO ability to stop right now, this makes it seem like a better choice than ct--cuz I'll go right back.

The doc I've been waiting for way too long to get into is definitely on the very short term plan which is probably for the best too. If a little scary.