View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

congrats on your sober time! i swear, the relapse dreams still get me. at one point, i was having them multiple times a week. waking up crying, sure i had relapsed, even feeling physically hung over! now, i'm several weeks (wow...not even sure how many now!) without a dream....they come and they go. you just gotta learn to move past them and treat them as a reminder of how awful a real relapse would be.

i had a similar occurrence with my memory suddenly deciding to come back. for me, i was suddenly reminded of a very deep, dark, psychologically unstable point of my life when i was drinking. to be honest, it almost ripped me in two. i'd totally disassociated myself from it for a few years then BAM! it hit me full force again. now, i have those memories but i feel so removed from them. it's like i'm hearing about someone from a friend but actually, it's me and i lived through all that. i don't like the way it makes me feel and i'm not sure what i need to do about it. probably going to have to rehire my therapist and hash that out. who knows. i try not to dwell on it too much. all i know is that i've distilled all that times into key points of knowledge about myself and my life and i focus on that. i don't dwell too much on how i got that knowledge because, in my case, it's entirely too painful.

i'm glad to see someone else is experiencing the whole memory thing too. it really freaked me out (my blog is a nightmare) when it all hit me. i too continue to be amazed by sobriety. here i was, just wanting to quit drinking. i wasn't expecting all this other incredible stuff! what a ride!