Thread: Enabling!!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Presstoe

I feel like the woman mentioned is being blamed, or dare I say "accountable" for the coddling behaviors of her parents. She grew up that way and who's to say she has any say in what they do for her. I can speak from experience, controlling parents with money and thier own issues or addictions will throw money at their children and the children can't really do a whole lot about it. In tern, they are also living products of this environment.

To say she doesn't have ambition in persuing a career in law is baffling. She's done a lot of work to get where she is. I feel like she's being judged by Marie1960 for some things outside of her control, like her parents behavior. Oh, and money doesn't = coddling my friend. It's often a surrogate for actual support and love.

KBW listen to the opinions here and most importantly go with your gut. If she feels right, try sticking with it. I'd say most importantly don't be to quick to judge and AA isn't the only answer to sobriety. I see an individual therapist and have invested time and even my work in healthy living. I have chosen to make better choices. I think that's the goal.