Old 10-10-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoTiredOfThis

This Wednesday compared to last Wednesday

Hey everyone,

I am getting ready to wrap up Day 3. I am feeling pretty good today. Not as tired as yesterday so that's good. As a matter of fact, last week on Wednesday (my day off), I decided to have a drink with lunch, which I VERY rarely ever do. I am an evening drinker. Well, one led to 2, led to 3, and while I was "here" for my kids after school, I wasn't really here.

Fast forward to today. I decided to go grocery shopping, past the liquor store I usually go to wondering if they were wondering where I have been and loving that I didn't have to go into that yucky store, also wondering what they will do with the extra boxes of wine that I am sure they stock for me...lol, I made a huge pot of chili for the week and a big dinner, cleaned the house, and then accompanied my son to his ice cream party at school. What a difference a week makes.

I can't tell you how much being on SR has helped in the past 3 days. I am trying to check in 3 x a day and just reading a few posts here and there is reminding me why I am doing this. So, thank you all, so much!

One other thing I did was started a jar to put the $ aside that I would normally spend on alcohol. I already have $20 in 3 days...yowza. You do the math. I figure this weekend I will try to do something fun with the kids with whatever $ I save so that I can keep us busy and not stuck at home.

Have a good night...on to day 4!