Old 10-10-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dragonfire613
Resident Alien

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
THanks dragonfire, I appreciate your reply.
I've been reading your posts about your subs journey, they've given me lots of insights. I'd really like to ask you, too, what was your transition from oxy to subs like? I know we're all different but I'm wanting to get more of a sense of what the crossover is like? Are there lots of withdrawals? Mood swings? Smooth or more difficult adjustment?
For me the transition from oxy to suboxone seemed like a godsend... the highs and lows were replaced with a stable "fix" that lasted all the time. I loved it, a little too much. But it gave me time to distance myself from the drug scene and eventually really start working on my recovery. I'm sure everyone's experience may vary, but for me it was an easy and smooth transition. Just be aware that you still have to kick the suboxone at some point, there is no avoiding that unless you want maintenance all your days. But for me, it was a useful tool to get my crap together so that I was successful when I did finally kick for good (albeit it did take me 3 or 4 tries before I was successful). Hope that helps, best wishes!