View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JustCallMeBeani

Help me find serenity...

My husband and I separated in June after he relapsed on alcohol in April. We worked out our own separation agreement and visitaiton schedule for our 10 month old daughter. In August, I discovered that he has been using and abusing opiate pills in addition to drinking excessively. I went to family court and got an order of protection for our daughter and refused to allow him to visit with her unsupervised until our court hearing. We went to court on 10/1 and the judge ordered for us both to be drug tested, hair follice and urine, our original visitation agreement, and granted the order of protection. When I went to drop our daughter off tonight for his visitation with her, he appeared to be under the influence of opiates (raspy voice, constricted pupils, etc.). I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to leave her with him but, I also didn't want to aggervate our already turmoltious sitatuion by causing a scene and refusing to allow her to stay. Long story short, ended up calling the police who stated that he "appears to be clear headed" however, found "that he had a root canal and is taking pain medication". I ended up filing a police report and bringing my daughter back home with me. I am freaking out and need to find my serenity. When my husband goes for his hair follice test he will test positive for opitates and now, he has a prescription as an excuse. I know I need to "let go and let god" but, I am so afraid he will get away with this and that something bad will happen to my daughter while she is in his care. Does anyone know anything about the court system and hair follice testing? I need some sharings to help ease my mind back to serenity.