Old 10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

guess who's got 7 months? DisplacedGRITS, that's who!

hey y'all! actually, my 7 months snuck up on me yesterday and i didn't even notice it. crazy how that's happening now. my life is moving along smoothly. my only real problem is i occasionally get hooked on the idea of having "a beer or two." it doesn't last because i know it's never a beer or two and i'm not about to go down that road. so i come back here, read the forums and get myself grounded again. i wish that feeling would go away completely but at least i am aware of it and i now what to do when it strikes. i WILL NOT jeopardize all i've gained for a stupid beer. they aren't even my favorite drink. i'd rather have a slushie. also, as trite as this sounds, i don't wanna have to start counting again from Day 1. heck, my Days Sober is a good motivational tool for me so i'm sticking with it. anyways, i'm moving forward towards 8 months, then 9 then...well, when i hit a year, my husband and i are going to start seriously talking about children. i'm going to be 32 then and i'm tired of waiting but i have to prove to myself and him that i can maintain sobriety. not a drop of alcohol and none of that white knuckle BS. real, honest, happy sobriety and i'm doing it. for me, for us and for our future family.

for everyone in early recovery, keep up the good, hard work. i was a hopeless drunk of the worst kind. if i can find sobriety, you can. keep trying, keep coming back here and never give up on yourself. the life you want is possible. you just have to be willing to work for it and reach out for help. help will always be there for you.