View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WendyHydroco

Unhappy Withdrawing from opiates

Hello all,

I've been abusing Hydrocodone (6-10 7.5/325mg daily) for about three years. I have a legitimate prescription for a real medical condition, but I was using it in an illegitimate way. I have done dishonest, probably illegal things in order to get enough to feel "normal." I've never actually tried to quit before, and even though I've gone days or even weeks between getting my prescription refilled, I never intended to stop taking them.

Recently, I decided that I need to quit, and the last time I took a pill was about 64 hours ago. How sad that I actually know it to the hour. I told my doctor that I am addicted to opiates so that he would no longer give them to me. I alternate between feeling desperately depressed and breaking out into cold sweats. I can't eat anything and have joint pain and terrible GI symptoms.

I just told my husband about it an hour ago. He took it surprisingly well, or maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. He's a good man who deals with his own addictions every day. He was actually kinda relieved to know that it's the opiates that make me short-tempered and bitchy, not being off them.

I know it's going to take a while for me to feel okay again. I just wanted to come to a place (albeit a virtual place) to talk with people who know what I'm going through.