Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
missingtheoldme

Amazing

Originally Posted by Welcomingthenew View Post
You are so welcome Missing - You know years ago I had to face a family friend who had sexually abused me years prior. I hadn't seen him since the night it happened probably 20 years before and it was so weird. I was attending his Father's funeral. I remember refusing to make eye contact or speak to him the whole week-end that I was in town and had to be in the same room with him. But when I started to leave I just had to go up to him and say "I'm sorry about your Dad, I loved him alot". I had grown up knowing this family. Well, on the way home (a very long drive) I was in such a strange place emotionally. I turned on the radio and Elton John's song "Blessed" came on right away. I swear it was as though it was just for me at that moment, being sung directly to me. It has been a healing song for me ever since. If you don't know the song give it a listen, and put yourself in place of the child he is referring to in the song. Sorry for the long post but it needed a little explanation! :-)
I am so sorry you had to go through such abuse as a child and my heart goes out to you. You are truly and very loving and unselfish person. What an amazing thing you did that day. You were true to your heart. I love Blessed...I actually own it. I had to listen to it on youtube just now and do exactly as you suggested. I broke down...and I thank you I will turn to that song over and over again to remind myself of how pure and special I am. I am crying as a write but in a good way. Thanks my friend. hugs