Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
missingtheoldme

Originally Posted by Welcomingthenew View Post
Dear Missinghteoldme - My goodness we share a lot in common. I realized many years ago that I could look back all the way to high school and college where I was considered bubbly and friendly and likeable and realized in truth, I was always very lonesome and alone in reality. I never connected with people on a real level. It sounds like maybe you feel that way too. I had a ral Dad and a step-dad. My real Dad was absent and we barely had a relationship. My step-dad loved me but he grew up in anorphanage and never really learned how to show approval or be demonstrative. I wish I could offer you some serious words of wisdom but I can't I guess. Maybe the best thing for us is to stay sober instead of letting booze help us smother our truths and our pain and see what actually shows up. I know we must be wonderful loving people who are deserving, we just somehow got the wrong message as we grew up. I am going to try to nurture myself and my inner heart with reading books that address it and just trying to be good to myself and be patient to see how I feel once I am out of this huge fog. I don't know if this help in any way, I just wanted to let you know you are absolutely not alone.
Oh welcoming...you have helped greatly and thank you for sharing and reaching out to me. You offered me great words of wisdom...believe me. I think I did get the wrong message...you said that perfectly that it hit a chord with me. I have never looked at it that way before. I am going to work on nurturing my soul. Thanks so much