Thread: Hi, I'm new!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
johnthediver

Originally Posted by ricmcc View Post
Hence my sense of cautious optimism about the possibility that life can be enjoyed rather than endured--
thank you for your post and motivation ricmcc,

I certainly can resonate with the above quote.

I'm starting day 10 ( double digits woohoo! )

Things are starting to get a little easier on one front, but more difficult on others-

Losing alot of cravings now, i look at alcohol as something that i really feel i dont need right now, don't want to feel the numbness anymore, my senses and feelings have started to return which is wonderful... BUT!!!

Have got to start getting my life back on track too, have both very important meetings coming up, with my ex girlfriend and at work too. I have mentally prepared myself for bad news on both fronts and got to stay strong if things don't go how I want them to. My little AV keeps jumping out of his box everytime I think of disappointments, don't suppose anybody has a padlock or a gag handy?!

Also have had massive problems sleeping over the last 2 days, tossing and turning, wide awake but unbelievably tired, sleeping for an hour or so at any one time. Any ideas (roughly) how long i have to endure this?! I know a joint would send me to sleep, but by doing that, i'm totally missing the point of detoxing.