View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
PerhapsLove

My AD is Blessed but does she even appreciate it?

My daughter was discharged from the hospital with much information and a roommate who is willing to let her continue living in his house. On top of that, a young woman who drew her blood in the ER admitted to us all that she was a cocaine addict who has been clean for 18 months and is slowing recovering her life. She offered to come back after her shift and talk to my daughter, which she did. They exchanged phone numbers and she told my daughter she would take her to meetings.

When she was discharged she was given information about being evaluated for treatment, whether she needs inpatient or outpatient. She says she will call them on Monday to make an appointment for "intake". I asked her today if she had heard from her new friend from the hospital and she said she lost her number. I suggested that she call the hospital and ask them to give her a message. She says the friend called and was going to pick her up for a meeting. Later she said that because she had plans with her little girl, there wasn't enough time, but that the friend had dropped off literature and they made plans to go to a meeting together tomorrow.

My gut tells me she isn't being honest. Is it worthwhile to check her stories? She says she can't afford to fill the prescriptions they gave her in the hospital. I feel like she is avoiding things again. She has paid her rent for this month, but unless she gets a job, she will not be able to afford it next month.
I'm still trying to figure out where the boundaries are between enabling and helping. I am so tired of the emotional stress.