View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
calmlady

Dear jml,
You are not alone. I am new here too, also searching for support. I just started reading "Codependent No More by Melody Beattie". It's very appropriate for me right now, and maybe it will be for you too. Right now, surround yourself with people who know you and can be of support. Take good care of yourself. I know this from life experience...you need to be there for your two small children, and you have to take care of yourself to do that. Taking care of yourself is not selfish. You are valuable. You matter. You are not alone. There are many voices here, most
have been posting for quite awhile and I'm sure they will help. Did you see the message for the meeting next Sunday? Check it out. I think it's at 8 Central, but verify this to be sure. You can do this. You can't control your alcoholic and drug addict
person. You can only control your own behavior. You are not responsible for things he says or does, or for causing his problems. God cares about you and is with you.
I know that others will respond. These are things I've learned in just the last week!

Last edited by calmlady; 10-31-2004 at 01:34 PM. Reason: wrong night for meeting listed.