View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by FreckleFace View Post
So tonight I had planned on going to an al anon meeting with my boyfriend. It was going to be held at a church so we arrived and there was no one there. The sign on the door pointed which way al anon was and so we walked in and it had been taken over by some kids movie night. I looked on the church website and it had no listing for even having an al anon meeting so I was kind of upset. I had all of this emotion and anxiety going because I was finally going to meet others suffering the same way I had by having addicts in my life. Anyways, I told my boyfriend we should go to his open NA meeting instead so I can have some insight on how this whole thing works. I enjoyed it. I thought it was interesting listening to peoples stories although it was kind of weird because I'm not an addict and everyone always states their name and says I'm an addict. But I didn't say anything, I just sat there to listen.

Anyways, I checked on other church websites about al anon meetings and those seem scheduled and known about so ill give it another go next week and hopefully it works out!
Yeah, sometimes things get dropped - tis the way of a completely volunteer group.

I remember being the only one in an Al-Anon meeting one day - for the first 15 minutes of the meeting. Then people started showing up and thought I was the leader! So I went along with it - led my first meeting that day.

Be sure to try a few different meetings...each group tends to have a different flavor.