View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FenwayFaithful

Don't lie BackBeat being honest with yourself starts with being honest with other people.

Your therapists job is to be there for you and support you without judgement. At the very least you need to be honest with your therapist.

A slip up DOES NOT negate the 14 days you had! It was a slip up. It happened once so you have 34 days minus one day that's how I'd think about it.

You made a mistake by drinking like many of us do in early recovery. But lying about something is a choice and it causes us a great deal of guilt. You don't want to have that right?

I would jut be honest with your therapist and people in AA as for everyone else, it's really none of their business but I think you need to feel like you have people in your life you can be honest with, without worrying about judgment.

Learning to be honest is (from what I understand in my one week in AA) a VERY important part of getting sober.

So start here, tell her what you told us and I bet you'll feel a lot better.

But please don't think 1 slip up means you're not committed to this or that you're unique in your relapse. I bet if you asked people that in AA everyone would tell you they had a similar relapse.

Be kind to yourself!