Old 10-04-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lookin4help77

Unhappy New member -- alcoholic wife and rehab hasn't worked yet

My wife of 2 years went to 13 days of inpatient therapy. When they released her after such a short period of time, they said it wasn't the time spent in there, it was what she chooses to do when she get out and if she continues her therapy. She drank the next day. It was "only" 2 shooters of vodka and she wasn't hammered, but she drank. She said she didn't like it and doesn't know why she even did it. That was Wednesday. She was completely sober through Sunday and I thought we were starting to work on things again. Then Monday came and she went to a counselling session at 4 pm and was drinking before it and was hammered after. Then the drinking all day on Tuesday and Wednesday thinking I wouldn't notice when she got home (yup, driving) and was drunk, but I always notice when she's even had a little. I poured out what she had and had to leave for a meeting at 6. When I got back at 7, she had gone to the store and got 2 more bottles of schnapps. She proceeded to get smashed last night, too. I'm so frustrated. I just don't know what to do. She says all the right things when she's sober. She knows she has a problem, she wants to quit, etc. She went to an AA meeting this morning and drove an hour back to the rehab place to go to a few things there this afternoon. She did the same thing on Tuesday but she drank the whole way home. I'm so scared it will happen again.