View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
supportforme

LMN - Stay Strong. You are doing the right thing and focusing on you. If you want some advice from someone who has been on the roller coaster many times. Take that money and pay the bills as fast as possible. It's great that he acknowledges and is taking steps to take accountability and responsibility. However, there is a very high probability that the actions will shift again. Begin preparing yourself. When you are ready, there may be other options for you. I researched the laws in my state, which is also a no fault state. There are grounds for divorce and addiction is one of the reasons to claim extreme cruelty, there is also economic misconduct and criminal malfeseance (sp?). There was also an emergency order to show cause, where I was able to get him to leave the house. Granted, he landed in some pretty heavy legal issues all in one day, which gave me solid proof. Not sure of your personal situation or your state- just thought I'd give you some alternatives. I called 9 lawyers before I was able to get a lawyer to agree to a fraction of the retainer. Stay focused on you.