View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Originally Posted by mstrust View Post
...and by the way, if it wasn't for me stumbling upon SR, I just might still be living in the same house with him and driving myself more crazy. I can't possibly tell you ALL how grateful I am to have found this board and to be able to share my stories and read yours and get advice and feel normal. Coming here gives me that extra push I need everyday. Thank you so much...Really...
Huge DITTO! I used to think addiction happened to other couples, unsavory people, criminal elements. Not normal everyday people like us. Not to fathers with professional careers, dedicated wives and nice homes. I thought we had this whole suburban living thing down. How wrong i was. I lived in unecessary shame, thinking we were bad people, that i was morally bankrupt by association. What if the church knew, the neighbors, friends, family? Who would understand? I found through here that this happens to normal people, to middle aged people, to people with good jobs, to parents, to spouses, to mortgage holders and church goers. How differently I see people now. How much less i judge others. I found support when i stopped hiding. Also grateful for this group and people who are willing to share their personal struggles. Set backs, discoveries, lessons and triumphs.