Thread: Huge step
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
copperfield

Huge step

apologies - I think I posted this in the wrong forum before:

TODAY WAS A FIRST FOR ME!!!
So I have tried on and off for a year to quit - I do ok, I fail, I do great, I fail great, etc, etc....throughout last year I checked out some AA meetings and found one in particular that I really liked the vibe of. It happened to be on a Monday - so I havent had a drink in two days and I thought, well why not check out that meeting again. I really would like to quit quit but I definitely am hearing my av knocking on my problems...anyway I went to the meeting and really enjoyed it..then I went up after the meeting and asked a member who introduced himself (I'd seen him at other meetings) for a 24 hour commitment medallion - that is huge for me to even speak to someone never mind ask for it - well I got it!!!!!!!!
I've held onto it tight all day - now I am getting ready to play a gig (I am a musician) at my local pub - hope I can fulfill the meaning of the commitment and come home sober tonight to SR.

I am very proud though for going to the meeting and getting the medallion - well, off I go for my night